Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 1: Great Customer Service EOC

“Simply put, marketing is managing profitable customer relationships.” (Marketing An Introduction, pg. 3) That statement right there really says it all customer service is a vital part of any successful business. I remember shopping at a clothing store one time I it was H&M and the day I was there shopping I was kind of in a rush and I needed an outfit for whatever it was I was doing that day. Long story short I got home and the shirt I bought did not fit at all. The tag said it was an XL but the actual shirt said it was a large on it. The following day I go back to return it and since I was in such a rush the day before I threw away the bag and the receipt of course. I get to the front of the line at the store and I am explaining why I am returning it and then they ask if I have the receipt. I say no and explain that I bought it yesterday though and I was in such a rush but the tag is still on the shirt. The cashier says I am sorry but there is nothing we can do because you do not have the receipt. As I am about to walk away the cashier right next to mine looks over and says no return the sale for him I remember ringing him up for that stuff yesterday. Sure enough I was able to get my money returned no problem. It was a good feeling to know that the employees care enough to not only help me out in this situation but remember me out of the hundreds of customers I am sure they have daily. It is a good feeling it made me as a consumer want to go back to that store again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment